Virtualization in the cloud simplifies the end-customer IT operations and provides our partners new revenue streams for additional IT services based on the ATScloud IaaS. Customer benefits include reduction in hardware requirements, high availability, scalability, without disrupting the production environment.
As a provider of private-cloud environments, we are offering our partners the same level of top enterprise hardware that we use also for our own internal needs, such as:
- EMC VNX – multiple tiers of storage, including high-performance storage, with unified architecture, for applications with high I/O requirements
- HP Servers – reliable enterprise-level servers, configured for high availability. The modern chassis and blades create highly scalable environments, and reduce the maintenance overhead.
- VMware – advanced usage of the virtualization and management capabilities offered by vSphere, vCenter and vCloud Director.
- Vcloud from VCE – the leader in converged infrastructure. The Vblock is comparable to a “cloud in a box”, combining technologies from VMware, Cisco and EMC for the compute, storage, virtualization, network and management components which are necessary for a private cloud, configured and tested as an integrated whole.
Most cloud providers offer architectures which limit the I/O performance, which are not adequate for database applications with high I/O requirements. Others enable high IOPS and charge for it accordingly, and therefore monthly costs fluctuate and may become prohibitive in certain cases.
ATScloud provides an adaptive architecture with automatic tiering, which can scale to very high I/O requirements on demand. At the same time, we are using a predictable pricing model for budget-aware organizations, which is not based on IOPS count:
- Standard Storage– is based on SATA SAN infrastructure. It can be used in situations where fast data retrieve and IOPS are not a major concern, such as file systems, long-term retention, Web server storage, etc.
- Performance Storage – is based on tiered storage architecture containing a mix of SATA and SAS (faster) storage. This is recommended for virtual servers which have medium-range speed requirements, based on the types of applications they are running, number of users, etc.
- High-Performance Storage – is based on tiered storage architecture containing a mix of SAS and SSD (Solid-State Device – extremely fast) storage. This is recommended for virtual servers with high-speed computing requirements which range speed requirements, typically running large databases, a large number of virtual desktops, real-time systems, etc.
This allows our partners to optimize price-performance, without having to worry about fluctuating, uncontrollable monthly costs.
Access to the storage is provided through fast, redundant fiber-channel switches.